Some of my articles and photographs have appeared in the following magazines and newspapers:
- SKIPPING STONES - three articles on Mexican culture
- THE FLICKER - articles on Turkey and the Wodaabe people of Niger
- CANADIAN HORSEMAN - an article on Horse Brasses
- KIDS' WALL STREET NEWS - an article on the Dogon people of Mali
- APPLESEEDS MAGAZINE - an article on a Mexican potter
- CALIFORNIA CHRONICLES - an article on Hollywood
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL NEWS - articles for adults on New Zealand, Thailand, Mali, Niger, Ethiopia, Nepal, Zanzibar, Kenya, Madagascar, and Papua New Guinea
- HULLABALLOO - articles on Mali, New Zealand, and France
- NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC KIDS MAGAZINE - article: How Animals Guide the Dogon People
- ADD Odyssey Magazine - Why Salt issue
- FACES (A Cobblestone Publication) - my articles have appeared in the following issues: Mali, Korea, the Swahili, Eastern Canada, Serbia, Wales, the Nunavit, Tibet, The Maritimes, Costa Rica, Scotland, The Berbers, Germany, Iceland, Greece, New Zealand, Morocco, England, Jamaica, United Nations, The Bahamas, Saudi Arabia, Vatican City, Finland, South Africa, Ukraine, Canadian Prairies, Samoa, World Refugees, Taiwan, The Kalahari, Poland, The Cordillera Region of Canada, UNESCO, the Creoles, Newfoundland and Labrador, Denmark, New England, Italy, Bolivia, Japan, Extreme Places Timbuktu, New England, Spain
February 2011 - The Niger River: One of Africa's Main Roads
April 2011 - Russia, Then and Now
April 2013 - Lone Star State and Beyond: Texas, New Mexico and Arizona
2013 - Endangered World Heritage Sites
2013 - Welcome to Nigeria
2013 - Willkommen en Deutschland
2013 - Cape Town: One of the World’s Most Beautiful Seaports
- THE SCHOOL MAGAZINE, AUSTRALIA
2013 - Maui and the Big Fish, the Creation of New Zealand
LOS ANGELES TIMES, KIDS' READING ROOM
The Artist of Los Angeles - five part article
- Teachers' Discovery, 1998 - Teacher materials on the Mexican Day of the Dead, plus a Mexican Timeline.
Kent Publishing, Spring 1999 -Two units for teachers: Digging up the Past and Native American Creation Stories).
Kent Publishing, February 2000 -Three sections of Complete Book of Presidents and The Fifty States.
Options Publishing, May 2000 - Two test booklets for third grade which included eight original stories and accompanying test questions
Oregon Department of Education - The Mighty Baobab, used for their State-wide testing materials.
Faces Magazine: Teachers' Guides for the following issues: Greece, Sept. 2000; Mexico, December 2000; New Zealand, January 2001; England , March 2001; South Africa, February 2002; Ukraine, March 2002.
Faces Magazine, March 2001 - Consulting Editor for England issue.
McGraw Hill testing materials (Spring 2001) - Three stories: The Greatest Show on Earth; The Ox-carts of Costa Rica; and Story Poles
The Wright Group: a set of eight cards designed to teach a variety of writing and research skills.
Options Publishing, February, 2002 - Two essays and questions for a book on different reading skills.
- THE HERITAGE OF WORLD CIVILIZATIONS
(Simon and Schuster, 1997 and 2000 editions)
- CANADIAN HORSEMAN
- SKIPPING STONES
- THE FLICKER
- CLUB MEX MAGAZINE
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL NEWS
- APPLESEEDS MAGAZINE
- CALIFORNIA CHRONICLES
- KIDS' WALL STREET NEWS
Tips for Young Writers